Life doesn’t stop when a service member is injured or becomes ill. Our Hero Miles program enables these heroes and their loved ones to try and balance hospital life and home life.
Using frequent flyer miles, we purchase round trip airfare for
- wounded, injured, and ill service members on ordinary leave from the medical center to home or an authorized event
- loved ones of wounded, injured, or ill service members to visit the authorized medical center
- loved ones to attend the Dignified Transfer of Remains at Dover Air Force Base
If you believe you qualify for a Hero Miles ticket, please contact the service member’s caseworker or casualty officer. All requests must be made through authorized contacts.
- Round-trip airfare including taxes and fees
- Family is responsible for baggage fees
Every airline has a different process for donating miles. Please find your airline and follow the instructions. Thanks to you and thanks to our participating airline partners!
Fisher House is proud to partner with the following major airlines in support of our wounded, injured, and ill service men and women and their families:
Tax Deduction Information
The Internal Revenue Service does not recognize donations of frequent flyer miles as tax deduction. For further information consult IRS Publication 526.
Confirmation of Donations
To protect donor privacy, airlines do not release donor information to Fisher House Foundation. For confirmation of donated miles please contact the airline directly.