How To Donate to Hotels for Heroes
Make a Monetary Donation
Make a monetary donation to Hotels for Heroes. 100% of monetary donations will be used for Hotels for Heroes and is tax deductible.
MAKE A MONETARY DONATION
- Scroll to ‘Go. Get. Give.’ And click ‘Donate Points’
- Find ‘Hotels for Heroes’; select quantity and add to cart
- Checkout when ready and follow the instructions on the page
- Go to www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/redeem-points
- Scroll down to ‘Donate and share your points’
- Select ‘Donate your points’ and follow instructions to donate to Fisher House
- Go to https://giving.marriott.com and log in
- Hotels for Heroes is featured on the “Nurture” Tab, click ‘Learn More’
- Select the desired amount to donate
- Go to www.wyndhamrewards.com and log in;
- Click your account name and then ‘Redeem Points’,
- Select ‘More Ways to Redeem’ and click on ‘Charitable Donations’
- Choose Fisher House and follow the instructions on the page
- Select desired amount to donate
Tax Deduction Information
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) does not recognize donations of hotel points as tax a deduction since taxes were not collected from individuals when they earned the points. For further information, we suggest that you consult IRS Publication 526 and/or your personal tax advisor.
Confirmation of Donations
To protect donor privacy, points donation information received by Fisher House Hotels for Heroes includes only number of points donated and date donated. Written confirmation is issued by each hotel in the form of an updated periodic account statement that will reflect new points balance after donation.
Thank you for your kind gift of points for our Hotels for Heroes program. Support like yours allows us to continue caring for our wounded Heroes and their families.