Sr. Communications Specialist
Sr. Communications Specialist
Friday, September 13, 2019
Posting Expiration Date:
Friday, October 11, 2019 (or until filled)
The Sr. Communications Specialist has various areas of responsibility and oversight that support all departments of Fisher House Foundation. The Sr. Communications Specialist assists in the development and implementation of Fisher House Foundation’s communications strategy and branding. The Sr. Communications Specialist is responsible for collaborating with all departments within the Foundation to support their communication requests providing expertise across a variety of communication and media channels to increase awareness of Fisher House Foundation. The Sr. Communications Specialist is also responsible for ensuring accuracy wherever Fisher House is mentioned, for both internal and external sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide internal and external communications, assist with corporate messaging, project management while building brand awareness.
- Assist in developing print publications, managing media requests, oversee communication (photo, interview, quote) requests, and production deadlines.
- Serve as the communications representative of Fisher House Foundation at events throughout the year.
- Contribute feature news articles for internal and external publications in the online magazine.
- Develop and manage print materials, visual presentations and posters for the Foundation.
- Responsible for managing design and production of all Foundation ads, while ensuring language and brand consistency wherever Fisher House Foundation information is placed.
- Develop and maintain production schedule for all editorial and graphic needs.
- Assist in fundraising campaigns and outreach by editing and/or creating written content.$
- Assist in organizing public affairs meetings and create media kits, media advisories and press releases.
- Assist in managing interview requests and preparing briefing materials and talking points for producers and/or interviewees.
- Assist in creating marketing/public relations strategy.
- Assist with script creation, editing and production of videos showcasing Fisher House.
- Handle photography of significant events and press conferences.
- Travel to represent the Foundation at various events as needed.
General Foundation Support:
In addition to essential and secondary duties all staff are expected to:
- Assist and represent the Foundation in various activities and fundraising events.
- Be readily available to engage and assist donors and partners by: answering the phones, processing donations, welcoming guests, answer general questions, and assisting with other tasks not outlined in job description if needed or as requested.
Education, Experience & Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree - required; (journalism, communications, public relations, or other related field)
- 3 - 5 years of previous public relations experience - required
- Proficient in the following programs - required:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (Ability to interpret, create, edit or modify PDF reports and forms)
- Adobe Photoshop (Strong understanding of basic Photoshop applications for image preparation, to include cropping, resizing and color correction)
- Adobe Creative Suite or comparable editing software
- Photography experience with a Nikon SLR or comparable camera - required
- Graphic design capabilities - preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbal and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent professional office etiquette
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to travel in support of FHF operations.
- Military background or knowledge - preferred
Occasional travel (25%)
Regular: Monday-Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please submit your Resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
Irnaliz Aquino Fisher House Foundation, Inc.
Operations & HR Coordinator 12300 Twinbrook Pkwy Ste. 410
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Rockville, MD 20852
Direct: (240) 599-2479 Phone: (301) 294-5860
EEO: The Fisher House Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.