Research & Grants Specialist
Research & Grants Specialist
Friday, December 11, 2020
Posting Expiration Date:
Friday, January 1, 2021 (or until filled)
Fisher House Foundation seeks a Research and Grants Specialist to support the successful execution of grantmaking in support of Fisher House Foundation's mission: to improve the quality of life for service members, veterans, and their families. Fisher House Foundation's grantmaking program is a critical and significant source of annual income. This position will report to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and research new sources of funding
• Generate proposals and supporting documents
• Write and edit competitive grant proposal narratives
• Analyze and present data, generate graphics, and gather supporting documents
• Manage and evaluate existing grantmaking program
• Manage proposal and grant application development processes
• Serve as the liaison between the Foundation and grantor
• Administer grants from award through closeout
• Work collaboratively with Foundation staff on awareness, marketing, public relations, budgeting, program, finance needs to ensure accurate grant entries
• Actively promote the Foundation’s mission, services, programs, and events in the community
• Assist the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and Vice President of Development with administrative functions, including research, donor inquiries, and event assistance.
• Escalate challenges and issues as necessary
• Other related duties as assigned
General Foundation Support:
• In addition to essential and secondary duties, all staff is expected to:
- Assist and represent the Foundation in various activities and fundraising events.
- Be readily available to engage and assist donors and partners by: answering the phones, processing donations, welcoming guests, answer general questions, and assisting with other tasks not outlined in the job description if needed or as requested.
Education, Experience & Job Requirements:
Fisher House Foundation seeks a strategic, highly organized, and detail-focused team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field - Required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in grant writing, with a track record of success in major gifts.
• Be able to positively interact and diplomatically maintain relationships with a wide range of professionals, peers, volunteers, and those served by the organization.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and prioritization skills.
• Strong written, verbal, listening, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle and maintain the integrity of sensitive and confidential information with excellent judgment.
• Ability to organize, prioritize work, take initiative, lead others, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Competency with spreadsheets and budgeting; possess an aptitude for numbers, fiscal and administrative work.
• The ability to thrive in a deadline-driven role, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well under pressure with patience and positivity.
• Strong computer skills, including experience with the Candid grant program - Required.
• Salesforce experience a plus. Record all interactions in Salesforce.
• Planning virtual meetings and the ability to travel (post COVID-19 restrictions) including weekends, with flex time available.
• Ability to confidentially handle information and processing of income.
• Promote and exhibit loyalty to service members, veterans, and their families.
Minimal travel; possible nights and weekends.
Regular: Monday-Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Based on Rockville, MD Office (Temporarily remote due to Covid-19 safety measures)
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please submit your Resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
Manager of Human Resources
Fisher House Foundation, Inc.
Direct: (240) 599-2479
EEO: The Fisher House Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.