Director of Community Fundraising
Fisher House Foundation seeks a Director of Community Fundraising to support the successful execution of community fundraising support of Fisher House Foundation’s mission: to build new Fisher Houses and improve the quality of life for service members, veterans, and their families. Fisher House Foundation’s community fundraising program is a critical and major source of annual revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess and manage existing Peer-to-Peer campaigns to conceptualize and launch new efforts.
• Develop incentive program that drives acquisition and retention.
• Manage Peer-to-Peer Program and fundraisers in hosting events through: Third-Party, Gaming/Streaming Efforts, & Tributes and Memorials
• Manage welcome calls, pre-event, and post events.
• Manage fulfillment of toolkits and materials to participants and fundraisers.
• Manage vendors to ensure incentive product availability.
• Prepare and present formal reports and analysis including financials and metrics.
• Manage and maintain the Fundraising Facebook group.
• Develop effective working relationships to enhance and guide capital fundraising strategy for Community Groups charged with raising funds for Fisher House construction.
• Evaluate existing community group fundraising program and recommend best practices.
• Conceptualize and manage fundraising training for newly created Community Groups.
• Work closely with FHF corporate, foundation/grants, and major gift leads to optimize Community Group fundraising efforts.
• Provide tools for Community Group success, monitor activity and progress, redirect as necessary to protect the Fisher House brand.
• Collaborate with Foundation staff on awareness, marketing, and finance needs for the community fundraising program.
• Actively promote the Foundation’s mission, services, programs, and events in the community.
General Foundation Support:
• In addition to essential and secondary duties, all staff is expected to:
o Assist and represent the Foundation in various activities and fundraising events.
o Be readily available to engage and assist donors and partners by: answering the phones, processing donations, welcoming guests, answer general questions, and assisting with other tasks not outlined in the job description if needed or as requested.
Education, Experience & Job Requirements:
Fisher House Foundation seeks a strategic, highly organized and detail-focused team player with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will flexibly respond to the needs of our supporters, enjoy collaborating with stakeholders and volunteers and is excited about fundraising overall.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in capital fundraising and peer-to-peer fundraising with a track record of success in creation and launch of new programs.
• Positively interact and diplomatically maintain relationships with a wide range of professionals, peers, volunteers and those served by the organization.
• Excellent organizational, attention to detail, time management, and prioritization skills.
• Very strong written, verbal, listening, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills including experience with Peer-to-Peer database software.
• Salesforce experience a plus.
• Plan virtual meetings.
• Ability to handle and maintain the integrity of sensitive and confidential information with excellent judgement.
• Ability to organize, prioritize work, take initiative, lead others, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Promote and exhibit loyalty to service members, veterans and their families.
• The job may require light lifting (e.g., up to 25 pounds).
• CFRE certification a plus.
Occasional travel (approximately 10%) annually including periodic nights and weekends.
Regular: Monday-Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) *Temporarily remote due to Covid-19 safety measures.
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please submit your Resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
Manager of Human Resources
Fisher House Foundation, Inc.
Direct: (240) 599-2479
EEO: The Fisher House Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.