Community Relations Coordinator
Community Relations CoordinatorDepartment:
Monday, December 23, 2019Expiration Date:
Friday, January 24, 2020 (Or until filled)
The Community Relations Coordinator will serve as the liaison to the network of Fisher Houses and its Managers. Thisposition assists the Vice President of Community Relations where advised and is responsible for various trainings and program events. This is one of two positions reporting to the VP of Community Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Planning and Management
- Serve as project lead for the annual managers training to conduct research, make site visits, select host city, select vendors, coordinate training content, manage assisting staff, and execute the event.
- Serve as program manager for annual grant competition to manage the online system, vetting submitted applications, develop and maintain relationship with the primary point of contacts to coordinate, organize and implement ceremony.
- Assist in selecting, contracting and coordinating vendors for various events.
- Assist with the coordination of various conferences by setting up registration, booking airfare and providing on-site conference support.
- Establish and maintain regular communication and relationships with managers, vendors and variousPOC’s.
- Educate new managers regarding the relationship between the individual Fisher House and the Foundation, as well as Foundation support.
- Coordinate with external supporters providing donations and create a distribution plan.
- Responsible for maintaining quarterly statistics and ensure that all the Fisher House’s content and contact details are accurate and updated on the Foundation’s website.
- Responsible for assisting managers in acquiring promo items through the Foundation.
- Represent the Foundation through various public speaking events.
General Foundation Support
- In addition to essential and secondary duties all staff is expected to:
- Assist and represent the Foundation in various activities and fundraising events.
- Be readily available to engage and assist donors and partners by: answering the phones, processing donations, welcoming guests, answer general questions, and assisting with other tasks not outlined in job the description if needed or as requested.
Education, Experience & Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Previous demonstrated experience in program management and event planning; coordination and execution
- Fully proficient in the following programs:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (Ability to create, edit or modify PDF reports and forms)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbal and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent professional office etiquette
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Military or VA knowledge with non-profit experience - preferred
Commensurate with experienceSchedule:
Regular: Monday-Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
How to Apply:
Please submit your Resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
Irnaliz Aquino Fisher House Foundation, Inc.
Operations & HR Coordinator 12300 Twinbrook Parkway, Ste. 410
Email: email@example.com Rockville, MD 20852
Direct: (240) 599-2479 Phone: (301) 294-5860